Friday, February 10, 2017

BACK TO THE FUTURE

     The last time I played APBA Football, I replayed the entire 1974 season....in 1975. Now, after having just received my new game via UPS a couple of days ago, I'm preparing for another full season replay: 1972. After 40 years, seems I'm regressing -- in more ways than one!

Basic and Master Game + 1972 Season arrived on Wednesday.

     I've spent the past couple days playing my first "pre-season" game, the Chiefs vs. the Vikings. The game is a little more complex than I remember it. The solitaire rules are definitely more robust, but most of the other rules enhancements seem to be made for recent seasons and can be safely disregarded for seasons from football's Golden Age: the 70s. Who needs blitzing, 6 DBs and 3 wideouts? All new-fangled fluff. And get off my lawn!

     Anyway, I've made a couple of minor changes, mainly in the usage rules. But I'll talk about those in another post. Right now, let's just bask in the first, and only, pre-season game of the 1972 season. The real thing starts this weekend with the St. Louis Cardinals taking on the Baltimore Colts.

Ed Podolak carried the load vs. the Vikings
Fran Tarkenton. The Chiefs D stymied him.

No comments:

Post a Comment